- Christopher F. Bonney
- Linwood O. Branch
- Holly T. Cuellar
- Carla V. Hessletine
- Richard Maddox
- Kathy P. Owens
Citizens will have the opportunity to provide feedback to the City Council during the meeting on Tuesday, October 5. Following public comment, the City Council will proceed to closed session for deliberation and then return to open session to make a formal vote on an appointment to fill the Lynnhaven District vacancy.
Click here for a printable version of the agenda
SDCC General Meeting Agenda
Monday September 27, 2021 from 7:30 to 9:00pm
Ocean Park Volunteer Rescue Squad Hall – 3769 East Stratford Rd
(parking in back, on side streets and across Shore Drive)
Special Presentation – None
Secretary – Kathleen Damon
Treasurer’s Report –Tim Solanic
Vice President – Empsy Munden
President – Todd Solomon
- Westminster-Canterbury (WC) High Rise and Memory Center Expansion – City Council approved in November 2020. Update on lawsuit filed by adjacent homeowners.
- Windsong Development – 411 units off of Pleasure House Road in Chic’s Beach. This project was approved by City Council. Residents filed suit against the City. Update on lawsuit.
- Short Term Rental Overlay Districts – City Council voted to remove Cape Story by the Sea as an STR overlay. Council voted to prohibit all future STRs from the city except for the Resort Tourist Area at the Oceanfront which will still allow approval of new STRs using the Conditional Use Permit (CUP) process.
New Business –
Marlin Bay Apartment Complex – 197 units 4 story buildings are being proposed at the intersection of Marlin Bay Drive and Shore Drive. This project was opposed by the Bayfront Advisory Commission and the SDCC. The project received approval from the Planning Commission and will now be heard by City Council for final approval. Ocean Park Civic League is leading the opposition. Updates on this project will be discussed.
City of VB Stormwater and Flood Protection Program Bond Referendum – The City is placing a bond referendum on this November’s ballot asking for approval to issues bonds to raise money to expedite projects that will help prevent and protect neighborhoods from stormwater and flooding problems. The only planned in-person public information meeting is scheduled for Thursday Sept. 30th at 6:00pm in Municipal Center Bldg. 19.
Next SDCC Meeting – TBD
The Virginia Beach Public Works Operations Group has scheduled routine maintenance to the Long Creek Bridge on West Great Neck Road beginning the end of this month. Crews will begin work the week of September 27, 2021.
The structure is currently 60 years old (built circa 1961) and carries two lanes of traffic over Long Creek and provides vehicular access to Bay Island.
This project is considered preventative maintenance and will consist of:
- Repairs to the deck and beams
- Repairs/replacement of expansion joints
- Epoxy deck overlay
- Cleaning, painting, and waterproofing of piles, caps, and beams
- Replacement of bridge fender system
The project will require phased closures of sections of the bridge with ingress/egress to Bay Island being maintained at all times.
The work is scheduled to be completed April 2022 – weather permitting.
Additional information and schedules will be published on a regular basis as they are finalized.
For questions, information, and updates, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presented at BAC Meeting right now.