Pleasure House Road new 7/11.
Not Greenwell Road new 7/11.
Click here for a printable version of the agenda 11.23.20 SDCC Agenda
SDCC General Meeting Agenda
Monday November 23, 2020 from 7:30 to 9:00pm
Ocean Park Volunteer Rescue Squad Hall – 3769 East Stratford Rd
(parking in back, on side streets and across Shore Drive)
Special Presentation –
Neighborhood Crime and Improvement Survey – Officer M.R. Torrance, Virginia Beach Police Department Third Precinct will update us on neighborhood crime issues and discuss a Neighborhood Improvement Survey his precinct is currently running. He would also like to hear any additional concerns the residents may have and discuss ways to help.
Secretary – Kathleen Damon; Treasurer’s Report –Tim Solanic; Vice President – Empsy Munden; President – Todd Solomon
Proposed Developments –
- Westminster-Canterbury (WC) High Rise and Memory Center Expansion – City Council and the City were officially served on Nov. 13th. They have 21 days to reply from that date. The Go Fund Me campaign has raised $22k of the $30k goal.
- Marina Shores Apartment Expansion – A 60 unit 5 story (65ft tall) building is being proposed along North Great Neck Rd. where the apartment’s tennis courts are currently located. This project is being presented to the Bayfront Advisory Commission on Nov. 19th. Updates will be provided.
- Marlin Bay Apartment Complex – 227 units 4 story buildings are being proposed at the intersection of Marlin Bay Drive and Shore Drive. This project is being presented to the Bayfront Advisory Commission on Nov. 19th. Updates will be provided.
- Windsong Development – 411 units off of Pleasure House Road in Chic’s Beach. This project is scheduled to go before Planning Commission in December. This project is being presented to the Bayfront Advisory Commission on Nov. 19th. Updates will be provided.
Short Term Rental Overlay Districts Proposed Cape Story by the Sea – Councilman Jim Wood asked for an ordinance change to create a STR overlay district in Cape Story which will allow “By Right” use of residents for STRs as long as they meet the guidelines in the code. Cape Story by the Sea Civic Association voted on Nov. 9th to oppose any STR overlay district in its neighborhood. The BAC will vote at their Nov. 19th meeting on a STR position for the Bayfont. SDCC will be discussing and voting on a position statement for STR Overlays in the Bayfront.
New Business –
City Council Policy for Public Outreach and Engagement – City Council is proposing a new policy for civic engagement for development applications. Council voted to indefinitely defer the approval of this policy to allow time for adequate public engagement to be held and gather citizens input. It was suggested the Bayfront/Shore Drive be a focus area for input. Oh the irony…
Next SDCC Meeting – No meeting in December. Happy Holidays
REGULAR SESSION CALL TO ORDER – 3:30 pm APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Review and Approval of Minutes from 10/15/2020
Welcome Guests and Introductions – Phil Davenport, Chair
STAFF REPORTS & UPDATES
COMMITTEE REPORTS & UPDATES
Design – Bob Magoon, Faith Christie, Joe Bovee (volunteer) Communications – Vacant
Public Safety, Transit, Parking & Pedestrian Access – Charles Malbon
PROJECT BRIEFINGS/DISCUSSION ITEMS
1) E and R incorporated, 4600 Lookout Road, (HK on the Bay)
2) Presmont Construction Services, LLC, 4769 Shore Dr. (7-Eleven)
3) MS Virginia Beach, LLC, 2257 Willow Oaks Rd (Marina Shores Apartments.
4) MP Shore, LLC, 3829 & 3785 Shore Drive (Marlin Bay Apts.)
5) Short Term Rental Ordinance and Cape Henry District
COMMUNITY REPORTS & UPDATES ADJOURN
Thanks to Mark for the info!
Civic Engagement discussion starts at about 1 hour 45 minutes.
Civic Engagement public testimony & vote starts at about 36 minutes.