Any help with promoting and getting people to participate would be much appreciated!!
- Instead of Clean the Bay Day being one day, we are going to have it run for six days (Monday, May 31 to Saturday, June 5). During that time, we are giving participants the option to either do a litter clean-up, plant a native plant, and/or install a rain barrel.
- Also, during the six days, participants can choose the day, the time, and – if you have permission to be on the property – the location of the litter clean-up.
- Registration is free and is required to participate. People can register either as an individual participant or join/create a virtual team. Visit www.cbf.org/clean to register now.
- We are encouraging communities, schools, localities, public officials, or even a group of good friends to create a virtual team. A virtual team picks up litter separately and logs the clean-up numbers under a shared survey link. Once a participant submits their data, we have created an interactive dashboard that shows all of the teams totals in real time. This dashboard will have social sharing capabilities and is an excellent way to drum up some healthy competition when you include #cleanthebayday in your post!
- We are also holding a Clean the Bay Your Way Photo and Video Contest. The contest is free to enter and all you have to do is submit a photo or video is the data collection survey when you have completed your Clean the Bay Your Way activity. Below are the list of prizes.
- Gift certificate for 25 raw oysters from a Chesapeake Oyster Alliance partner
- Pair of REI Flexlite Camp Chairs
- REI Soft Sided Pack-Away Cooler
- 12-month pass to Virginia State Parks
- North End Bag Co., The Bank Note Bag.
- Taste Unlimited Gift Basket
2021 Clean the Bay Day
Social Media Toolkit
Short Link: www.cbf.org/clean
Full Link: www.cbf.org/events/clean-the-bay-day
Sourced* Facebook Link: https://www.cbf.org/events/clean-the-bay-day/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com
Sourced* Twitter Link: https://www.cbf.org/events/clean-the-bay-day/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=t.co
*Sourced links help us better track how people access certain pages on our website. If you’re able to use these links when sharing on your Facebook and Twitter accounts, it will better assist us as we design a social media strategy for this event in the future!
Hashtag for All Platforms: #CleanTheBayDay
Secondary Hashtags: #SaveTheBay #ChesBay
CBF Accounts to Tag:
Facebook: Chesapeake Bay Foundation
LinkedIn: Chesapeake Bay Foundation
Photos and Graphics: bit.ly/CTBD21Toolkit
Join me/us and Chesapeake Bay Foundation for #CleanTheBayDay, taking place this year from May 31 to June 5!
Clean the Bay YOUR way during this year’s week-long #CleanTheBayDay! Show your support for the Bay by picking up trash, planting a native plant, or installing a rain barrel. Registration is now open:
Clean up litter, win great prizes, and Save the Bay. Join us May 31 through June 5 to Clean the Bay Your Way.
Join us and thousands of Virginians across the state during the first week of June as we work to make the Chesapeake Bay and its rivers and streams cleaner and healthier! Participate this year from wherever you are in the watershed and connect with our #CleanTheBayDay community online. Registration is now open!
Join us for a socially distant way to #SaveTheBay! We’reworking with Chesapeake Bay Foundation for #CleanTheBayDay, taking place this year as a six-day virtual event.
We’re proud to participate in #CleanTheBayDay this year from May 31 to June 5! Visit cbf.org/clean to find out how you can get involved, too!
Clean 💧 = happy 🐟 🌱 🦀
Join us and Chesapeake Bay Foundation to clean Virginia’s rivers, streams, and the Chesapeake Bay!
Thirty-three years strong, #CleanTheBayDay is a true Virginian tradition—join us anytime during the week of May 31 to do something great for the Bay. And don’t forget to share your progress online!
In 2019, you helped remove roughly 45,000 pounds of debris from the Chesapeake Bay and its rivers and streams. Think you can help us clean up even more this year?
#CleanTheBayDay is just a few weeks away! Have you registered yet?
You don’t want to miss out on this Virginia tradition. Join us and Chesapeake Bay Foundation virtually from May 31 to June 5 for #CleanTheBayDay!
When we come together—even virtually—we can #SaveTheBay! Join us and Chesapeake Bay Foundation from May 31 to June 5 for #CleanTheBayDay and participate from your own location in the watershed!
The #ChesBay needs you. Join us during the week of May 31 for an annual Virginia-wide cleanup to stop trash from polluting our waterways and the Bay!
Did you forget to register for #CleanTheBayDay? That’s OK, there’s still time to sign up and we’d love to have you join us for this year’s virtual event!