Public Works Announces Two Road Work Projects Starting on Aug. 15
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA (Aug. 12, 2022) — Virginia Beach Public Works has announced two road improvement projects, one on Shore Drive and another on Edwin Drive, will begin on Monday, Aug. 15, 2022.
The work on Edwin Drive (north- and southbound) will be from:
- Independence Boulevard to South Boulevard,
- Expressway Drive from Edwin Drive to South Boulevard
- Investors Place from Independence Boulevard to the cul-de-sac,
- South Boulevard from Colonial Parkway West to Independence Boulevard
- Southport Circle
The project on Shore Drive (east- and westbound) will occur from:
- Kendall Street to Beech Street
- Lynnhaven Drive from Great Neck Road North to Great Neck Road West
- Great Neck Road West from the cul-de-sac to Adam Keeling Road
- Adam Keeling Road from Great Neck Road North to Great Neck Road West
Both projects will include milling, paving, and pavement marking improvements. Work hours will begin at 7 p.m. each evening and end at 5 a.m. The projects will likely produce traffic delays, congestion, and some construction noise. Advanced warning signs will be clearly posted advising motorists of lane closures. Citizens are urged to use alternate traffic routes when possible.
Work on Edwin Drive is scheduled to be complete by Wednesday, Aug. 24. Shore Drive improvements are scheduled to be complete by Wednesday, Aug. 31. All scheduled work is weather permitting.
Virginia Paving is the contractor for both projects. For additional information, contact Dennis Simon at 757-385-1470, or Lonnie Minson with Virginia Paving at 757-675-8714.