Click here for printable version of agenda
SDCC General Meeting Agenda
Monday May 24, 2021 from 7:30 to 9:00pm
Ocean Park Volunteer Rescue Squad Hall – 3769 East Stratford Rd
(parking in back, on side streets and across Shore Drive)
Special Presentation –
Eastern Shore Drive Stormwater Improvements (CIP 7-151) – Mr. Brad Vanderwarker, City of Virginia Beach City Project Engineer, will update us on the progress of the stormwater upgrades east of the Lesner Bridge.
Secretary – Kathleen Damon
Treasurer’s Report –Tim Solanic
Vice President – Empsy Munden
President – Todd Solomon
Proposed Developments –
- Westminster-Canterbury (WC) High Rise and Memory Center Expansion – City Council approved in November 2020. Residents pursued legal opposition and jury has heard and will pursue based on May 2021 presentation.
- Marina Shores Apartment Expansion – Approved by BAC, VBPC and VBCC. Additional 50 units will require a traffic study at intersection of North Great Neck and Lynnhaven Drive.
- Windsong Development – 411 units off of Pleasure House Road in Chic’s Beach. This project was approved by City Council.
- Beach Building Group, Inc., 2332 Pleasure House Road, Conditional Change of Zoning from R-7.5 Residential to A-16 Apartment District. Opposed by BAC. Reevaluation on May 20th.
- Marlin Bay Apartment Complex – 197 units 4 story buildings are being proposed at the intersection of Marlin Bay Drive and Shore Drive. This project was opposed by the Bayfront Advisory Commission on April 15th.
Short Term Rental Overlay Districts Proposed Cape Story by the Sea – Councilman Jim Wood asked for an ordinance change to create a STR overlay district in Cape Story which will allow “By Right” use of residents for STRs as long as they meet the guidelines in the code. Cape Story by the Sea Civic Association voted on Nov. 9th to oppose any STR overlay district in its neighborhood. The BAC will vote at their Nov. 19th meeting on a STR position for the Bayfont. The Planning Commission approved an alternative suggestion to allow an STR overlay in Cape Story. City Council will follow the suggested approval schedule:
May 25 – City Council workshop to discuss regulations
June 1 – Public Hearing on STR ordinances
June 15 – City Council vote on STR Ordinances
New Business –
Future Operations of SDCC
Next SDCC Meeting – Monday June 28th, 2021