Strategic Plan briefing to be held
The Bayfront Advisory Commission recommended that its officers meet city officials to forward and discuss the 2019 Strategic Plan. The plan lists highest priority project items
• Funding Phase IV of Shore Drive improvements from the Lesner Bridge west to Shady Oaks Road
• Water issues (stormwater drainage, Dewberry sea-level rise study, city marina development, city wharf/Osprey
Park, pedestrian walkway under bridge from Vita Circle to Page Avenue.
• Sand replenishment (Cape Henry, Ocean Park, Crab Creek)
• Infill development (Future nature, look of the Bayfront; work with Planning on Comprehensive Plan revisions)
• Landscape design of Route 13 and Shore Drive interchange.
The plan also addresses high-priority communications items, monitoring ongoing concerns and liaisons, partnerships and city staff support.
The full plan will be posted after city officials receive it. It was developed after citizen meetings, a BAC brain-storming retreat and committee consideration of the items. Ordinarily, the annual plan would have been forwarded to the council and city manager’s office in late summer/early fall. But with an unprecedented number of City Council seats up for election in November, the BAC agreed to wait until the new council was seated to bring the plan forward.