December 20 – Wetlands Board meeting. – Project to add commercial pier and to affect wetlands in CSBTS and Long Creek between CSBTS/CHS and Bay Island
Along Long Creek near Maple Street there is sign posted indicating a December 20, 2010 Wetlands Board meeting to:
– Construct 1026’ x 12’ Floating Pier with 45 Boat Slips to Marina Shores Marina
– Construct 80 feet of bulkhead, east of existing bulkhead;
– Establish a commercial pier along the river all the way down to Wake Forest Street, starting at the Marina Shores parking lot
– Relocate the existing boat channel 35’ to the south closer to Bay Island to so the new commercial pier will fit all of the new boats; (This portion is being coordinated with the Department of Public Works.)
– Dredge 3,797 cubic yards;
– Impact 1220 sf of wetlands to create a barge inlet to serve a dredge spoil site (long-term)
– Construct a Dredge Spoil Transfer Facility
– Rezone the property from residential(R7.5) to commercial.
Project area shown below or at the following link
http://www.vbgov.com/file_source/dept/planning/I03.pdf [Dead link as of Sept 26 ’14]
Project Plans can be viewed by clicking on this .pdf link. Marina_Shore_Boat_Slip_Expansion [14 page PDF re-posted Sept 26 ’14.]
The meeting is at City Hall on Monday December 20 at 10:00 am.
For more information, call Lonnie Warren, City Coastal Zoning Inspector at 385-8246.