Shore Drive will now fall under 3 Councilmembers, 1-Norfolk to Lesner Bridge, 2-Lesner Bridge to State Park, 3-State Park to Atlantic Ave.
City Launches Website to Help Residents Understand Redistricting Changes
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (Jan. 25, 2022) – The City of Virginia Beach Communications Office has launched a new webpage designed to assist residents seeking information about changes to the local election system and redistricting. Available online at www.VBgov.com/vb10, the webpage features:
- A tool that allows residents to research in which of 10 new voting districts an address is located
- Answers to 10 frequently asked questions related to the impacts of redistricting
- An explanation of the redistricting process and why these changes are happening
- Access to more information about the court case on which the changes are based
- Contact information for questions that may not be addressed on the page
- A link for neighborhood association and civic organization leaders to provide contact information for future communications
- A video from the Jan. 11 City Council meeting in which City staff provide an overview of where the City is in the redistricting process and how these changes will impact voting
Additional material will be made available over the next several weeks to include community organization toolkits and updates to the FAQ section.
Residents with specific questions may email firstname.lastname@example.org.